Friday, February 6, 2009

5K run

Personal victory for mom, i mangaged to keep him out of the lagoon. He was close, got the ducks and geese close, rocks went in, feathers, almost his sister, but he stayed out.
Yes, again off the course doing our own thing.
SO proud of heidi she did the whole thing!
She even took a short little nap on the "run"
the REFRESHMENTs. isn't the whole reason to participate in a sporting event?
I am sure you are wondering why the cactus under the 5K race headline. Because it was on the course. See the attention span of my kiddos. We could have finsished the race in one hour but then one wouldn't have been able to see these great pictures of us making faces at the cactus.


There's a cactus, yep don't see them everyday in good ole AZ. Had to get a picture next to the cactus
Harley's pre race antler routine. Yea everyone should find them a pair of antlers before any big race.
This is the kids first 5 K run. Heidi rocked it. She walked the whole thing with her teacher from school. I tried to get dillinger and harley to run it. yep they had no interest. Dillinger focused his energy from side to side and lost focus of moving forward. I gave them an ipod to listen to trying to get them to move quicker to the beat. Yea, they then focused on the tunes and we went even slower. I carried Harley about .25 and dillinger .25 miles of the 3.2 miles. Then harley rode in the stroller the last .5 miles while I carried hemi. Thank goodness for aunt muffy to push. Needless to say at the 2 mile marker I found a short cut and they gladly took it. All the were in for were the refreshments. Kind of reminds me of when I "played" soccer. I was there for the orange wedges. MMMMMM.

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny...refreshments motivates me to attend all kinds of stuff!! You're a good mom out there excercising with your kids.

    ReplyDelete