Saturday, August 8, 2009

wildlife

We saw all sorts of wildlie. With daddy's keen eye we were able to see wild turky, rabbits, chipmunks, elk, deer both male and female, cows. Thankful John drove carefully because as we took a corner a mom and a calf were crossing the road. I asked John to pull over on my "short cut" back to the main road. It wasn't a short cut it was only like 10 miles on the map compared to his way which was like 20. However his way you could do 30 miles an hour. My way it was maybe if we were lukcy 5 miles an hour. So, it took us like 1.5 hours to get back to the main road. But we saw some pretty country. Here are two examples:

This one is mocking john because he didn't get drawn this year. Which doesn't happen very often.


While we were out ATV riding I saw a chipmunk dart across my path I tried to slow down but didn't want to hit the brakes I had people following me and I had a Harley up front and didn't want to throw her. So, I thought I missed it~ barely. Welp the people behind me had a show. Apparently I clipped its back tail and it sent is flying in the air did a 360 landed and ran off. They said it was pretty awesome. I guess you should stay out of my way I am known to get a speeding ticket or two. It was a great time.

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious! You can sure think under pressure. I would have instinctively slammed on my brakes and injured my poor kids.

    ReplyDelete