Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hemi and her caffine addiction

All summer long the kids and I share a 52OZ soda refill that we pass in the car because it is a mere 115 outside. I know I should be drinking water and so should they but water is so blah..... anyway we all share with Hemi. In August I went back to work and Hemi went to her sitter she has known since 8 months old. The sitter said she is really crab and so not like the Hemi i knew in May. I said she is a little expressive, even though she doesn't have words, but normally she is a pretty easy going kid. The next day she said she was fiesty again today. I called me mom just to talk and told her about Hemi and what might be the problem. Then she said she was off to get her refill. My mom shouted, "THAT'S IT" I bet Hemi is going through caffine withdraws at the sitter. She went all summer drinking soda and now she gets a sip in the morning and not another until 5:00pm. So the next day I dropped Hemi off at the sitter but armed with a coke this time. I said when she gets crabby giver her a little of this in her sippy cup. Ms. Wendy said really. I said yes, I am trying out an experiment. Sure enough when I picked her up she said she had a WONDERFUL day. I laughed but was so embarrassed that my little 18 month old needs her caffine fix to. I guess it is just signs of the times. Okay that is what I am telling myself because I don't want to face the fact I don't qualify for the title; Mother of the Year. So, when I take Hemi to Ms. Wendy's she asks did you bring her "fix" or when I pick her up she will remind me to bring her special drink. Ever since we figured it out; Hemi is back to her normal happy self.

Moral of the story~ Thank goodness for Caffine.

This is her at 9 months.

4 comments:

  1. I might add this about Hemi Jade. Most people have a favorite flavor... Not Hemi Jade. She will partake whatver is the going drink at the moment. If someone is drinking diet Cherry Coke, she loves it, if it is diet pepsi, she loves it, if it is doctor pepper, yes she loves it, if it is sprit, 7 up, orange, rootbeer, yes you know she loves it...... Where her sibblings have their favorite flavor and if I am lucky it is not my drink, not so much about Hemi. If I put my drink down anywhere she will come along and take it and see her sipping away. No wonder she was going through caffine withdrawl.

    It could even be water down drink she would finish up if no one had a fresh one going. Wow, if her doctor only knew...............

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't you love that picture at 9 months?


    G.ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! Seriously, I'm still laughing! I met my visiting teachers at Peter Piper last week and to keep Paisley close to me long enough to hear the message, I gave her root beer in her sippy cup and a sucker. I told them the same thing, that I'm obviously not up for "Mother of the Year". I'm glad I'm not the only one! So funy....There's just nothing like caffeine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bryce is still laughing!!!!!! He wont stop...very funny....look forward to seeing you in December.

    ReplyDelete