Saturday, March 21, 2009

Planting a garden

The kids and I decided we wanted to try to plant a garden..... again. I haven't been able to produce anything from this yard. The best garden was at my mom's house on 48th ave. But I just can't seem to get anything to grow here. However, we keep trying. it may have something to do with- I forget to water it days at a time.... This year we are going to water everyday. That may be bad too,




Dillinger helping turn the soil.
My two oldest girls are quite the hardworkers. I am so impressed with them. They always stick to it. My son tends to get off task or distracted.


Dillinger tilling the ground which is hard! Hence I don't think it will grow ~ hasn't the past two years I tried. But the prophet said, plant a garden so we did. He didn't say you would reap any rewards. Just plant one.

Harley went with me to get some things to plant. We picked up a couple types of flowers, squash, cucumber, bell pepper, chili peppers, and strawberries.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you and good luck! I don't have much of a green thumb either, but I'm going to plant one too. Does thinking about planting one count? Way to put your kids to work together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes Remember those Zuccinni you grew when we were little. Good Luck :]

    ReplyDelete