Thursday, January 1, 2009

Phoenix's new light rail

3.5 hours later, we all kind of felt like this. This face always makes me laugh. Poor baby, she hates the light rail.
Harley eventually fell asleep and everyone thought kathy was not sharing her seat. Really kathy was the best. What ever kid I sat next to her, they behaved. She was a life saver. Thanks aunt kahty.

Grandma Hinton is this different than the horse and buggy you grew up with?


Heidi are you having fun?



Dillinger just kind of taking things in.




Hemi checking things out from the window.











We decided to ride the new light rail before it cost money. The kids and I traveled over to mesa to pick up aunt Kathy and grandma Hinton. Grandma Childers and daddy had to work. We picked it up at Sycamore and Main and rode it all the way to Christown mall. It was fun but a long journey. I had intentions off getting off at Christown mall to eat lunch, use the restroom, and then head back. One way was supposed to be an hour, it was an hour and half. We saw they line at Christown mall and decided not to get off. However, Hemi had thrown up on the way over. The stomach bug is going around. So, my bladder is screaming by now and I decided I have to get off to pee. Knowing I was going to lose my seat I still had to do it. Kathy and grandma Hinton stayed on with Harley who was sleeping on the floor. (mind you it is like a crowded NY subway) standing room only. Heidi, Dillinger, Hemi and i get off on 12st and Jefferson so mom can pee. They wanted to come. We jump back on 2 trains latter. I had to stand holding Hemi while she slept. I guess some people have not learned chivalry. but I figured it was a great work out for my arms and boy were they burning.

Over all it was a little long 3.5 hours but it was good to see where it goes. Now I know is knowing is half the battle ( GI Joe~ go Joe). I could see using this in the future and the kids want to take their dad and grandma Childers on it.










1 comment:

  1. We rode it also on Monday. We are going to try again in about another month. I know what you are saying about people not giving up there seat. I needed to move William in my arms more they I can count!

    ReplyDelete